Friday, August 9, 2013

Movie Time

   The other day I went to the movies with a few people, my dad, brother (Derrek) and one of Derrek's friends. I also went with one of my friends, Katie. So we wanted to go and see the movie, Percy Jackson. It was supposed to start at 7:55 pm, right? Well we get there at around 8, because there is previews and things like that before the movie starts, so we usually get there a little late, anyways... so we get to theater and come to find out, the movie started at 7:20. Of course I had to get the time wrong!!! So, instead of walking out, we decided to find another movie to go to. My dad, Derrek and Derrek's friend all wanted to go and see this action movie, but I didn't want to go to that movie. So, Katie and I went to another movie, it was a comedy. But let's just say this movie was mostly for little kids. So we had to sit through this 2 hour movie, that we unfortunately, didn't like. And then, we walk up to the counter to get a snack. We didn't have much money with us, $2.60 exactly. So, we ask the lady working there, how much would this snack cost with tax, and of course... it's $2.68!!! We had to walk back to the theater with no candy and instead just asked for a refill on the water, just so we wouldn't have to walk away awkwardly. The movie finally ended and we headed out and met up with my dad, Derrek and Derrek's friend. And when we asked how there movie was, they said, "that  was probably one of the best movies I've seen!" and then they ask me how the movie was, "it was alright" I told them. Hahaha.
   But, there are a few things that I have learned from this experience, 1. Make sure that you know what time the movie is going to start, that is very important!!! And I would also suggest double checking that time or even writing it down... 2. Make sure to have enough money for snacks, or at least an extra 8 cents, just incase there is that one snack you want to buy, but your 8 cents short... so you can't buy it. And 3. If  you do get the time wrong for the movie that you are about to go to, pick another movie, but make sure it is a movie that you actually want to see!!!   
But overall, everyone had a pretty good time!
  

No comments:

Post a Comment